Founded in early 2014 by industry leaders Leo Redelinghuys and Deon Heunis, Swipe iX has quickly grown to become one of the most dynamic and versatile digital solutions agencies in Africa. With globally recognised clients including WeChat, DStv and Discovery Networks UK, to name a few, our team of senior solutions architects, technical designers and operations specialists have had the privilege of working on some of the most exciting technical executions of their careers’.
Passion and dedication are what drives the engine of our growth. Our enterprise-grade solutions are purpose-built from the ground up to satisfy every requirement and our platforms scale to support any load. Our agile approach allows us to constantly monitor, analyse, iterate and improve the products we build. Our solutions are powered by deep strategic thinking, global industry insights and operational best practices.
Above all, Swipe iX is made up of exceptional people that form the foundation of our success. We value every ounce of extraordinary effort that is delivered day in and day out toward the unified goal of being the best at what we do.
We want you to be a part of this journey.
Swipe iX is looking for a talented UI Designer to create amazing product experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces and full web/mobile/app page designs. The ideal candidate will have a passion for digital design, a solid understanding of good UX principles and outputs and is always staying on top of the latest trends. They will have a strong work ethic, is methodical in their approach and planning as well as a strong aptitude for problem-solving and team dynamics.
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative software / web development processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, scrum processes, service-oriented environments, and development methodologies.
- Competency with various design techniques, styles and resources.
- Fluency with design tools, particularly Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, Abstract or similar.
- How to extract artefacts and styles from UI designs as technical specifications for development execution.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, direction and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off of full high fidelity designs
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, static prototypes and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Contribute to establishing and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Attend client demos and meetings to discuss the initial design briefs and direction.
- Understand how designs can be applied to all applicable device types and screen sizes starting with mobile and working out toward the desktop.
- Proven UI experience in a digital agency environment
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio of past client work
- Some experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively in conjunction with engineering and product teams.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Certified qualification in Interaction / Graphic Design, or related fields
While we do not offer hard benefits like medical insurance, we have a number of additional benefits that will be made available to you. These include:
- The option to work remotely.
- Regular company outings and activities.
- Opportunities to apply for company-sponsored skills development programs such as online courses or seminars and conferences.