Founded in early 2014 by industry leaders Leo Redelinghuys and Deon Heunis, Swipe iX has quickly grown to become one of the most dynamic and versatile digital solutions agencies in Africa. With globally recognised clients including WeChat, DStv and Discovery Networks UK, to name a few, our team of senior solutions architects, technical designers and operations specialists have had the privilege of working on some of the most exciting technical executions of their careers’.
As of 2020 Swipe iX is owned by South Africa’s leading content marketing agency, New Media, combining decades of award-winning storytelling expertise with solid, scalable tech solutions. Our people are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we strive to create a flexible and balanced environment where New Medians and Swipers can choose brave, stay well and own their growth.
Passion and dedication are what drives the engine of our growth. Our enterprise-grade solutions are purpose-built from the ground up to satisfy every requirement and our platforms scale to support any load. Our agile approach allows us to constantly monitor, analyse, iterate and improve the products we build. Our solutions are powered by deep strategic thinking, global industry insights and operational best practices.
If you’re a developer with a passion for Backend architecture, API development, and Scalable solutions, then this is an opportunity for you.
We count on our developers to contribute brilliant code to all levels of our technology enterprise -- servers, database, API, application servers, and our user interface. As an integral part of a dedicated team of technologists, you will help our company continue to innovate, grow and provide great service to our clients. You will be part of an agile development team responsible for building exciting new applications at a very large scale.
- Leading by example to promote departmental unity and instill a culture of teamwork
- Assist and advise team members on coding best practices in a supportive, motivating, and fact-driven way
- Provide support to department heads in a fashion that supports Swipe iX's culture, mission, and values
- Provide support to architects, engineers, and technology professionals to promote business-driven thinking and decision making on daily task delivery
- Excellent programming skills and proficiency in PHP (Ruby and other additional languages a plus)
- At least 3+ years of production experience with Laravel
- A passion for writing maintainable code with a deep understanding of OOP, design patterns, test/behavior-driven development, and data structures
- Experience with test-driven development such as PHPUnit, RSpec, and Cucumber
- Proficient in designing REST APIs and other service layer components
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis
- Proficient with Git based version control systems
- Proficient in HTML & CSS as well as experience with related workflow tools such as SASS, Less, Gulp, and Webpack
- DevOps experience with Ansible, Chef, Docker or similar tools for provisioning
- DevOps experience with automated deployments using CircleCI, Travis CI, Jenkins, or AWS CodeBuild
- Experience and exposure with cloud platforms such AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure
- Excitement about emerging web technologies
- Coordinates with Central QA for Load Testing / Code Profiling to meet Quality Performance Metrics
- On a projects' inception assess and recommend software architecture design in the most proficient and cost-effective manner
- Review and validate Scope of Work & Memorandum of Understanding documents to ensure they are accurate, feasible, and correct in their technological approach as per the documented Swipe processes and standards