Our people are the heartbeat of Swipe iX. We’re looking for a dynamic and visionary People Champion / Technical Recruiter to own our hiring strategy, build our culture and promote and drive our core values.
As technical recruiter, you will lead the full talent acquisition lifecycle and proactively find creative ways of engaging with the top technical talent. You will help us scour the globe for the top .01% across creative, strategy, tech, project management, and other industries. This includes:
- Building relationships with hiring managers, understanding Swipe iX’s resourcing requirements and meeting regularly to report on progress, blockers and suggested course corrections;
- Mapping talent and building talent pipelines for scarce skills;
- Sourcing candidates via job boards, internal databases, social media, and platforms like Stack Overflow and Github;
- Screening and interviewing candidates, facilitate interviews with hiring managers and oversee the completion of technical assessments;
- Collaborating with HR to ensure a smooth onboarding process, including background and qualification checks and offer letters;
- Tracking recruitment budgets;
- Sourcing quality freelancers and facilitating the contracting and onboarding process.
As people champion, you will give our team the best possible work experience, from the minute they first interact with us in the recruiting and onboarding stage, through every touchpoint during their time at Swipe iX. Your focus will be on onboarding, growing, and developing talent, while fostering an inclusive culture. This includes:
- Onboarding new hires in a consistent and process-driven manner, as well as overseeing orientation, training, introduction meetings and probation reviews;
- Managing the employee referral bonus programme;
- Building and maintaining the Swipe iX culture by creating a culture committee; running regular employee happiness and health checks; and overseeing culture- and team-building initiatives and rituals such as hackathons, Beer Fridays and knowledge-sharing sessions;
- Setting employment equity objectives in consultation with the business and implementing programmes to support the achievement of these objectives;
- Identifying and addressing training and development needs;
- Conducting and analysing exit interviews and sharing insights and recommendations with leadership;
- Working with the marketing teams to craft material and run campaigns that communicate Swipe iX’s culture, benefits and value proposition to employees, candidates and the market.
At least 5 years experience of technical recruitment, including:
- Leading talent conversations with senior-level managers in specialised technical fields;
- Technical expertise, with the ability to understand and explain technical job requirements such as mobile development and data science;
- Optimal use of applicant tracking systems and resumé databases;
- A proven track record of having successfully placed, in particular, senior specialist development and technology positions.
- Deep search and sourcing prowess – seriously!
At least 2 years HR experience, including:
- HR administration;
- Training and development;
- Employee relations (including knowledge of South African labour legislation);
Personal competencies including:
- Strong emotional intelligence;
- Ease in delivering critical feedback to peers and supervisors;
- Strong planning, time management, and organizational skills with an exceptional commitment to time sensitivities around hiring needs and sense of urgency;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or other relevant qualification.
About Swipe iX
Swipe iX is a specialist software development company with a reputation for building scalable and secure technology powered by the cloud. Our enterprise-grade solutions are purpose-built from the ground up to satisfy every requirement and our platforms scale to support any load. Our agile approach allows us to constantly monitor, analyse, iterate and improve the products we build. Our solutions are powered by deep strategic thinking, global industry insights and operational best practices.
Above all, passion and dedication drive our growth. Swipe iX is made up of exceptional people who are the foundation of our success. We value every ounce of the extraordinary effort that is delivered day in and day out to make our team the best at what we do.
- 4 1/2 day work weeks | half-day Fridays
- A custom development roadmap explicitly created for you and tailored towards your career aspirations and growth
- Company-sponsored skills development programs such as courses, seminars and conferences
- A clear purpose with quarterly and yearly KPIs to measure your performance
- Guaranteed bonus to the value of 1-month salary, driven by your KPI performance
- Quarterly company-wide hackathons
- The option to work remotely
- State-of-the-art computer equipment
- Medical aid subsidy to the value of R500
- Various discounts for services and goods through the Media24 network
- CSI, Study, paternal leave and more
- Company social and team-building initiatives
- Monthly and annual MVP awards and prizes
If you want to be part of our journey, please apply directly on the Simplify HR site.
Having trouble submitting your application? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.