Founded in early 2014 by industry leaders Leo Redelinghuys and Deon Heunis, Swipe iX has quickly grown to become one of the most dynamic and versatile digital solutions agencies in Africa. With globally recognised clients including WeChat, DStv and Discovery Networks UK, to name a few, our team of senior solutions architects, technical designers and operations specialists have had the privilege of working on some of the most exciting technical executions of their careers’.
As of 2020 Swipe iX is owned by South Africa’s leading content marketing agency, New Media, combining decades of award-winning storytelling expertise with solid, scalable tech solutions. Our people are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we strive to create a flexible and balanced environment where New Medians and Swipers can choose brave, stay well and own their growth.
Passion and dedication are what drives the engine of our growth. Our enterprise-grade solutions are purpose-built from the ground up to satisfy every requirement and our platforms scale to support any load. Our agile approach allows us to constantly monitor, analyse, iterate and improve the products we build. Our solutions are powered by deep strategic thinking, global industry insights and operational best practices.
If you’re a DevOps engineer with a passion for architecting, deploying and managing highly scalable, resilient cloud infrastructure solutions, then this is an opportunity for you. Swipe iX is looking for a full-time DevOps Engineer. As an integral part of a dedicated team of technologists, you will help our company continue to innovate, grow, and provide great service to our clients. You will be part of an agile development team responsible for building exciting new applications on a very large scale.
- Leading by example to promote departmental unity and instil a culture of teamwork
- Work collaboratively with the software engineering team to define infrastructure and deployment requirements.
- Provide support to department heads in a fashion that supports Swipe iX's culture, mission, and values
- Mentor team members on best practices
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a DevOps role
- Design and deploy cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available using infrastructure as code.
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimizations.
- Make sure all system infrastructure meets best practices, compliance, and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor all hosted services. Preemptively raise concerns, troubleshoot problems, and make infrastructure changes to minimize downtime.
- Standardize DevOps approaches and solutions to enable faster project inception.
- Work towards automating DevOps tasks and processes as far as possible to enable the company to focus on innovation and developing better solutions.
- Create containerized applications for deployment on container-orchestration systems. Administer and troubleshoot Linux and Windows-based servers.
- Knowledge of what is required to configure and deploy applications built on LAMP, LEMP, Ruby on Rails and Node.JS stacks.
- Setup continuous integration services to build, test and deploy new application releases to servers and app stores.
- Strong knowledge of the AWS Well-Architected Framework(s) with accompanying cost analysis and forecasts
- Strong knowledge of AWS services like VPC, EC2, ECS, S3, SNS, API Gateway, Route 53, Code Build, SES and SQS.
- Strong knowledge of the AWS Shared Responsibility Model.
- Assist with crisis management where needed while helping to conduct the root cause analysis and identifying preventative measures.
- Continuously monitor security bulletins and ensure all deployed services are patched for known vulnerabilities.
- Continuously researching, learning and keeping up to date with new technologies and methodologies.
While we do not offer hard benefits like medical insurance, we have a number of additional benefits that will be made available to you. These include:
- The option to work remotely.
- Regular company outings and activities.
- Opportunities to apply for company-sponsored skills development programs such as online courses or seminars and conferences.