Founded in early 2014 by industry leaders Leo Redelinghuys and Deon Heunis, Swipe iX has quickly grown to become one of the most dynamic and versatile digital solutions agencies in Africa. With globally recognised clients including WeChat, DStv and Discovery Networks UK, to name a few, our team of senior solutions architects, technical designers and operations specialists have had the privilege of working on some of the most exciting technical executions of their careers’.
Passion and dedication are what drives the engine of our growth. Our enterprise-grade solutions are purpose-built from the ground up to satisfy every requirement and our platforms scale to support any load. Our agile approach allows us to constantly monitor, analyse, iterate and improve the products we build. Our solutions are powered by deep strategic thinking, global industry insights and operational best practices.
Above all, Swipe iX is made up of exceptional people that form the foundation of our success. We value every ounce of extraordinary effort that is delivered day in and day out toward the unified goal of being the best at what we do.
We want you to be a part of this journey.
Swipe iX is looking for an enthusiastic, diligent and experienced Agile Scrum Project Manager who can take control of a diverse client portfolio to define functional requirements, represent stakeholder interests within the agency and drive deliverables forward through industry best practice scrum and agile methodologies. The role is to manage a set of assigned projects; develop relationships with the respective business stakeholders and team members; oversee the development within the production studio; and to create comprehensive support materials and documentation to aid in project scoping and delivery.
- A thorough understanding of the fundamentals of iterative web and app development processes and operations, specifically agile and scrum methodologies.
- The ability to write comprehensive briefs, proposals, scoping documentation, reports and project plans
- A firm grasp on what makes for good usability and design with a passion for web and mobile platforms.
- An understanding of digital products, the latest trends in digital and emerging innovations that can contribute to better solutions.
- Experience with project management tools such as Pivotal Tracker, Jira, Trello, Basecamp or similar.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to client account management including, but not limited to extracting briefs, crafting proposals, tracking and reporting on progress as well as maintaining clear and constant communication across various channels.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key personnel, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors, lead meetings & brainstorming workshops, present ideas and recommend enhancements or innovations.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of projects according to customer needs and objectives by driving project deliverables within the production studio related to design or development.
- Develop new business opportunities with existing clients by proactively identifying areas of improvement that will expand the scope and size of accounts.
- Craft well written scoping and functional requirement documentation, project plans and any other supporting materials to aid in production efficiency.
- Assist with emergency requests or issue escalations as needed.
- Facilitate end-to-end testing and final QA checks of newly developed functionality to ensure correctness before deployment and handover.
- High velocity communicator; ensure that all information regarding changes in scope, delays & other issues are communicated to key stakeholders and risk is mitigated effectively.
- Balancing the time of the various development and design resources within your team with what tasks need to be prioritised across the portfolio.
- Maintaining business processes that enable efficiency, productivity and oversight within the team and project throughout its lifecycle.
- Runs daily, weekly, and monthly agile ceremonies efficiently and strictly.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, ensuring agile processes are followed, provide feedback to delivery teams, and focus the teams on agreed sprint goals.
- Drives improvements that are generated by agile retrospectives.
- Facilitate the communication across different delivery teams to resolve dependencies and impediments
- Work with Client Service Director and Production Manager to protect the current sprint commitments and continually refine and prioritise the backlog
- Enforces the definition of ready for work coming into the development team
- Proven work experience as an Agile Scrum Project Manager or other relevant experience within a digital development agency, software, production environment.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly / effectively at all levels of the organization, including C-level.
- Experience with project management tools and CRM systems as well as documentation, productivity and communication tools such as Confluence, Jira, Google apps, Slack etc.
- Experience in delivering large scale, custom-built web and mobile solutions based on bespoke requirements.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while paying strict attention to detail and balancing resource requirements.
- Excellent communication skills with a presentable and professional appearance.
- Agile Project Management Qualification Scrum/Kanban
- Qualification in project management or equivalent - PMP / PRINCE II / PMBOK certification is advantageous.
- 4 1/2 day work weeks | half-day Fridays
- A custom development roadmap explicitly created for you and tailored towards your career aspirations and growth
- Company-sponsored skills development programs such as courses, seminars and conferences
- A clear purpose with quarterly and yearly KPIs to measure your performance
- Guaranteed bonus to the value of 1-month salary, driven by your KPI performance
- Quarterly company-wide hackathons
- The option to work remotely
- State-of-the-art computer equipment
- Medical aid subsidy to the value of R500
- Various discounts for services and goods through the Media24 network
- CSI, Study, paternal leave and more
- Company social and team-building initiatives
- Monthly and annual MVP awards and prizes
If you want to be part of our journey, please apply directly on the Simplify HR site.
Having trouble submitting your application? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.